Our Pages

Landlords Certificates

What is a Landlord certificate?

Since 1996 it is compulsory for all landlords to ensure all gas appliances within their property are checked annually by a Register Gas Safe Operative and Certified, this includes gas fires, gas cookers and gas boilers as well as water heaters and pipe work within the property.
Landlords are defined as the owners of a house or flat which is rented or leased to an individual or business. The risks that may occur from unchecked and unsafe gas appliances could be fatal to your tenants health, such as carbon monoxide poisoning due to a faulty or unsafe gas appliances or an explosion as a result of a gas leak.

Landlords are obligated to ensure that:

What is a CP12?

After the inspection is completed the landlord will be issued with a CP12. A CP12 is a not a test which is graded as pass or a fail rather it is a record of what gas appliances you have in your property and if they are safe to use or not. If all this is faultless then the only recommendation will be to have appliances serviced and to have a routine inspection when it is due.

How can we help?

Our Gas Safe Registered Engineers at Heating Improvements are qualified to carry out the inspection and issue a Gas Safety Certificate. If the appliance requires repairs or servicing, this work can usually be carried out during the same visit at a reduced cost.
If you are a landlord and have gas appliances that require gas safety certificates contact us.